Patch 5.3 or Reflections in Crystal brings the much awaited extension for free players!
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers latest patch is perhaps the most anticipated for both paid and free players. That’s because the new update expands the offering to non-paying peeps.
As a quick summary here are the major changes brought about by Patch 5.3:
- New main scenario quests aptly named Reflections in Crystal — The Shadowbringers storyline comes to an end.
- Rework of the main scenario questline of A Realm Reborn — The main questline of A Realm Reborn gets updated for a more streamlined experience leading up to Heavensward. Flying mounts can now be used on areas of A Realm Reborn.
- A new Dungeon in the form of The Heroe’s Gauntlet — Fight through the whole of Norvrandt with fellow adventurers or NPCs using the Trust System.
- A new trial called Mystery Trial — Available in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- A new raid called YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse – The Puppets’ Bunker — a NieR raid series.
- New Battle Content, the Unreal Trials — Level 80 heroes will be able to challenge powered-up versions of existing primals. Unreal Trials will also bring in one primal per patch, which changes in every major update. For 5.3, the primal is the stronger version of Shiva. Taking part in defeating Shive will grant heroes a chance to compete in a new mini-game to earn the chance to grab prizes.
- New Tribe Quests.
- Craft and Gatherer updates — New custom delivers, updates to Rowena’s House of Splendors, and an update to the Skysteel Tools questline. Recipe Search was also refined to better help players find what they need.
- New Game+ updates — the introduction of the A Realm Reborn class and job quests. Allowing players to take on past quests while keeping their current character and level.
- New mounts and minions.
Free Trial gets extended to Lv.60!
However, possibly the most anticipated part of the new update for non-paying players is the expansion of the Free Trial. Free to play players now get to play up to level 60 with the 5.3 update. This includes full access to A Realm Reborn, the first expansion (Heavensward), an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three extra playable jobs ((Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). If you wish to try out Final Fantasy XIV then head on over here.