The major Winter update for Age of Empires IV is rolling out soon. The game will have ‘hundreds’ of balance changes, key features, and bug fixes.
Some of the notable features in the update include:
- Enable in-game player score on a case-by-case basis for custom lobby multiplayer and skirmish matches.
- Move Chinese Dynasty to the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Ability to pan across the map of a completed match after finishing up a game.
- Reducing the size of icons.
- Ensuring the Wonder icon on the mini-map matches the icon displayed in the HUD.
- Increase the size of the Primary Town Center in comparison to other Landmarks.
- Adjusting the color of certain resources.
- French Hulk ship tweaked to no longer rule the high seas.
- Crossbowmen, Spearman and Elite Crossbowmen will pose a greater threat to Cavalry.
- Significantly reducing the cost of the Chinese civilization’s Repeater crossbow.
- Fix to HRE Prelate unit to allow them to continue inspiring after being pushed.
- Mongol “Superior Mobility” adjusted to ensure the speed modifier is appropriately applied.
- Fix issued for the Rus civilization to eliminate infinite Relic duplication.
Saved games and replays will not be available once the update is up. Full patch notes of the upcoming changes will come when the Winter Update goes live next week. To know more, visit their announcement here. Watch the Age of Empires 4 game trailer below.