Konami issues a suspension on a couple of select Metal Gear Solid games on various digital stores due to licensing issues.
The Metal Gear franchise is one of the oldest and most popular game installments due to its versatile gameplay. Big Boss and Raiden are finally getting a bit of relaxation time as the suspended game titles would be Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
The following are the Metal Gear Solid games in suspension:
- Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation™Now)
- Metal Gear Solid HD Edition: 2 & 3 (Xbox 360)
- Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty HD Edition (PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita)
- Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater HD Edition (PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita)
- Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3d (Nintendo 3DS)
- Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (GOG.com)
- Metal Gear Solid 2 HD for SHIELD TV
- Metal Gear Solid 3 HD for SHIELD TV
Note: Some of the above titles are not available in some countries and regions
According to Konami’s blogpost, the temporary suspension is due to a pending renewal of the licenses for select historical archive footage used in the games. Finally, all related games and products will be pulled out on November 8, 2021.
The company has not yet stated when will they resume the availability of the said games on their respective platforms. Meanwhile, check out other Metal Gear Solid titles from across multiple platforms that are still available for purchase.