Fire Emblem: Three Houses Wave 3 DLC a.k.a The Cindered Shadows expansion is here!
Fire Emblem: Three Houses’ fourth DLC wave is upon us. This one introduces a whole new storyline including the fourth house, the Ashen Wolves.
The DLC not only brings with a brand new house and storyline, we also got some nifty free updates. Alongside the Wave 4 DLC is the 1.2.0 version update. Check out the major changes that came with this update:
- You can now select the Dancer Ensemble costume for the protagonist in Unit Appearance.
- You can now change your unit’s appearance from the activity-selection screen on days off and mission days, in addition to changing within your Personal Quarters while exploring.
- Access Unit Appearance by pressing the L Button on the activity-selection screen.
- You can now change the appearance of all characters simultaneously in Unit Appearance.
- Do so by selecting Everyone at the bottom of the character list in Unit Appearance.
- Added a new support partner for Bernadetta in the Crimson Flower chapter.
- You can now deliver Lost Items to Rhea. In addition, you can now invite Rhea to Tea Parties.
- Tea Parties with Rhea can be unlocked by accepting the additional quest Esteemed Company from Rhea.
- The additional quest will become available from Ep. 5, Tower of Black Winds, onward as long as Tea Parties have been unlocked. It is also necessary to complete the Lost Item quest: Lost? Found!
- Ally costumes have been set to display as “War” in Hunting by Daybreak regardless of In Battle settings.
As for the additional content from Wave 4:
- Added Side Story (Cindered Shadows) from the Expansion Pass.
- Begin by selecting Side Story on the title screen, regardless of your main story progress. There are two difficulty levels: Normal and Hard (there is no Maddening mode).
- Save data for the Side Story is separate from the main game. There are three save files. (Autosave is also separate from the main game).
- To continue where you left off, select Continue from the title screen, and then press either the ZL Button or the ZR Button to switch between the main game and side-story save files.
- Added the following content to the main game as you progress through the Side Story:
- A new explorable area in the monasterySpeak to the Shifty Merchant near your Personal Quarters.
- Recruit new characters in the monastery. They can only be recruited during Part I.
- Added new quests, activities, classes, paralogues related to the new characters, new support conversations, etc.
- New costume available for Anna called Tricky Merchant from the Expansion Pass
- Added feature that displays breed names for the dogs and cats you can feed around the monastery as part of the Expansion Pass.
- Added a new online statistic, This Month’s Sauna Enthusiasts, for participants of the Sauna activity from the Expansion Pass, which can be viewed on the calendar or the loading screen when playing online. Only those who have purchased the Expansion Pass can view these statistics.
- Online features require a Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and a Nintendo Account.