The resemblance to Auto Chess is just uncanny!
Update (May 27, 2019): The game was recently renamed to Arena of Evolution: Red Tides and is now official.
A new game might just be stealing the thunder of Auto Chess, the mobile iteration of the hit custom Dota 2 map Dota Auto Chess, even before its release. Meet, Arena of Evolution: Red Tides, a game with mechanics looking a lot like, if not exactly the same, as Auto Chess. Check out our review of the game here.
Author’s Note: If you want to know more about Dota Auto Chess, we made a detailed article of the game’s features and gameplay here.
Arena of Evolution: Red Tides launched globally a few days ago, it was in soft launch for about a month or two. The core mechanics of the game is downright Auto Chess:
- Place heroes on a chess board.
- Upgrade these heroes by combining three copies of it.
- Pair up heroes in synergies based on their species and class.
- Each hero has a different rarity associated with their price.
- Fights against 7 other players in a last man standing match.
- Level up by buying experience.
- Obtain items from creep rounds.
We were able to play a single match and we can confirm that the entire hero pool of the game is somewhat original (based on what we saw). There were also some changes, which we actually consider quality of life improvements. Anyway, we’ll test the game out further and share our thoughts in a separate article.